Chicken parmesan made easy
Yes, Asian Momma can cook all kinds of food including easy chicken parmesan! Asians like to come up with affordable and easy ways to make our American food dishes. Somedays we like to eat other foods too. So here is the recipe!
Ingredients serves up to 4
1 1/2 lbs of ground chicken
*2 eggs whisked
*1 cup of all purpose flour
*1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
some parsley clean and chopped
2 jars of your favorite pasta sauce ( I like whatever is on sale)
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese,
1/2 cup of Mozzarella
Kosker Salt, black pepper and garlic powder
Oregano and Basil ( dry or fresh kind)
Pasta noodle of choice ( I like bow tie or penne for this recipe)
cooking oil ( canola)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In the mean time take out 1 frying pan and three prep bowls. Measure out the * ingredients into separate bowls. Add salt to the bread crumb, Set them aside. Also add some parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs.
- Next, you want to take out a stock pot to boil the pasta noodles of your choice. You can follow the directions on the package to make the pasta. I personally love using Barilla because it’s easy and it taste the best. You have the water on a boil add some kosher salt to the water, and then the pasta noodles. Next put the timer on for about 11 minutes and when the pasta is cooked, strain in a colander.
- Pasta sauce seasoning: I like my pasta sauce with seasoning and warm before I put it with my chicken. So in a small stock pot I add a jar of pasta sauce turn the heat onto medium and simmer; add salt, pepper, oregano and basil ( fresh or dry). Eyeball the seasoning with control. I let that simmer for about 30 minutes and turn the heat off to cool down.
- After the pasta noodles are cooked and drained in the colander, it’s time to make some yummy chicken patties. Place the frying pan on medium high heat. Add some cooking oil to lightly coat it. Taking the ground chicken add about 1 tsp of salt and black pepper and mix it altogether really well. Dip the chicken into the flour then egg and last the bread crumbs. Place each flat chicken patty into the hot frying pan. Turn the heat up to medium high heat to hear a good sizzle. Cook each patty about 2 minutes on each side. You don’t need to fully cook them they will finish cooking in the oven. You are looking for a nice browning.
- Next taking a casserole dish, add the cooled down pasta sauce gently into the dish. Then add the chicken parmesan patties in the center. Lastly top it with Mozzarella cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Check to ensure the chicken to be fully cooked through. Ground chicken patties need to be cooked at internal temperature of 170 degrees to be safe for consumption.
- After the chicken parmesan is safely cooked at internal temperature of 170 degrees, you can add some fresh chopped parsley or fresh basil whatever you have around. Serve it over some cooked pasta noodles and enjoy!
You can make pasta sauce from can tomatoes. Here is a quick recipe for that.
Pasta sauce Recipe
2 large cans of Italian tomato puree ( or whole peeled tomatoes)
2 oz of unsalted butter
half of a white or yellow onion ( you can also use shallot)
1 clove of fresh garlic
2 Bay leaves
Taking a pot add the tomato puree, or whole tomatoes. Turn the heat to a low simmer. In the meantime, peel and slice half an onion.
Peel and cut a garlic clove in half. And measure out about 2 oz of butter that’s about 1/2 stick of unsalted butter. Add those items to the pot and also 2 bay leaves. Place a timer on 50 minutes for a low simmer. Once it’s simmered take out the onion and other items in it. It’s ready for whatever you want to make with it. Chicken parmesan, traditional spaghetti or as a pizza sauce!