Chocolate Chewy Brownies
Everybody loves a good brownie and when it’s made from scratch it’s even better! Listed are instructions on how to prepare the brownie pan for baking. Then the recipe of my chocolate chewy fudge brownies. Optional to add chopped walnuts or pecans.
Align the Brownie pan with foil. This method makes for easy and clean baking. It will also help the brownie to bake, and cool properly. It also makes for easy cutting too. Take the brownie pan and turn it upside down. Take a sheet of aluminium foil and fold over the pan and shape by creasing the sides. It’s basically molding the shape of the foil into the pan shape. Flip the pan back and lay the creased foil into the pan.
The aluminium foil should neatly fit into the brownie pan. Next spray it with some non-stick oil and now it’s ready to be used for baking brownies.
Chocolate brownie recipe
10 TBSP of unsalted butter
4 oz of melted chocolate
6 TBSP of cocoa powder
2 eggs (at room temp)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
9 oz of granulated sugar
½ tsp of baking soda
½ cup of all purpose flour
½ tsp of salt
½ cups of chopped walnuts
Tools: double boiler
Whisk, oven and bowls
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
● Using a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and then set it aside.
● Add the butter in a metal bowl and then take it off the heat.
Meanwhile set up the dry ingredients
● In a separate bowl add flour, salt, and 3 TBSP of cocoa powder, baking soda and sift it altogether and set aside.
● Next, add to the melted butter the sugar, and whisk to cool a bit down.
● Add 3 TBSP of cocoa powder and stir, and add the melted chocolate and mix well.
● Crack the eggs into a small bowl and add 1 tsp of vanilla extract to the eggs.
● Add to the chocolate mixture one egg at a time and whisk it.
● Now add the dry ingredients and chopped walnuts – mix together really well.
● Pour the brownie mixture into the pan aligned with aluminium foil.
- Bake in 350 degree oven on the lower rack for 18-20 minutes. Depending on how your oven works. You”ll know if it’s baked because you can see it has risen.