Panko Crusted Salmon with Herb lemon Butter
What makes this recipe Asian? It’s the Japanese panko crumbs and that’s about it. It’s a simple basic salmon recipe that works great with beginners. It begins with a slight searing on a cast iron pan and then baked in the oven to finish cooking. It’s a good go to dish when you are trying to lay off the red meat.
Let’s start with
Herb Butter Recipe
2 sticks of unsalted butter at room temperature
zest of 1 lemon
1/4 cup of fresh parsley
1/4 cup of fresh dill
1 tsp of fresh garlic
1 tsp of kosher salt
1 tsp of black pepper
Bowl, spoons, and plastic wrap, knife and chopping board
measuring spoons are optional, I eye ball my measurements.
Herb Butter Instructions
- When butter must be at room temperature in order to make this happen. The butter needs to be easily mixed with a spoon.
- Wash and chop the parsley and dill finely and set it aside.
- In a bow put in the two stick of butter and mash it up, add salt and pepper.
- Add zest of 1 lemon
- Add garlic and the fresh herbs and mix it altogether thoroughly
- Taking a plastic wrap roll the butter into a log and wrap it up and refrigerate until it is solid again. Use it on the salmon later.
Salmon Steaks – preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Taking a bowl add panko crumbs and parmesan cheese with some chopped parsley and add alittle olive oil to get it into a paste.
- Place a cast iron or non stick frying pan onto the stove to medium high heat. Add some oil to the pan.
- Taking the salmon steaks place brush on some Dijon mustard, salt and pepper it. Add the panko crumb mixture and sear skin side down onto the pan. If you don’t have skin sear on the non-panko crumb side. Sear for about 2 minutes and then place onto a sheet pan. You need to finish cooking all of the salmon steaks in the oven.
- Place a piece of herb butter and a slice of lemon on to of each salmon steak
- Bake the salmon in the oven for about 15 minutes. Test for doneness by using a fork to flake off the flesh. If it flakes off easily it is ready. Plus there will be a brown appearance to the edges and it will no longer have translucent appearance.