Peanut butter cookies
Yes, Asian Momma loves to bake too! One of my cravings I had this week was a light peanut butter cookie! I made a batch to share with family and friends. They are a butter based cookie dough with a light peanut butter flavor. It’s easy to make so let’s get started!
2 sticks of butter ( room temperature)
1 egg ( room temperature)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 cups of All purpose flour
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of peanut butter
Instructions – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Align cookie sheets with parchment or Silpats
- Measure out the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and sift the ingredient.
- Using a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment add 2 sticks of butter. It should be at room temperature so mixing will be easy. Mix on medium speed. You are looking to cream the butter.
- When the butter is creamy add the sugar then an egg let it continue to mix on a medium speed. Add the vanilla extract as well. You like more vanilla had another 1 tsp and that should be good.
- Add the the peanut butter to the wet ingredients.
- Pause the mixing bowl before adding the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients and now it’s time to form the cookie dough.
- It’s very easy cookie dough technique. Taking three fingers your thumb, index finger and middle finger and pitch the cookie dough then roll into a ball.
- Place onto the cookie sheet and press down making a indents with the index and middle finger.
- Repeat the same thing until you get about 24 – 26 cookies depending on how small or big you decided to roll them out. You can make them big and do about 12 cookies smaller ones make about 24 cookies.
- Bake them in the oven for about 18 minutes on 350 degree oven. Let them cool completely before eating them, enjoy!