Pork Chops with Brown Gravy
What makes an Asian Momma make such an Americanized pork chop recipe, well the sauce has a little soy sauce and Asians we also love Worcestershire sauce. It is an easy pork chop recipe and it is delicious. It requires two cooking methods a nice sear on each side and finish the cooking in the oven. Internal temperature of pork chops should reach 145 for pink in the middle, which is fine. However, I prefer pork chops reaching internal temperature of 152 because I like it more medium. Keep a timer on for the baking process so you do not over bake the pork chops.
3 -4 pack of bone in pork chops (like them nicely cut)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
Salt, black pepper and Lawry’s season salt
Brown Gravy Ingredients
3 Tbsp of cold butter
white button mushrooms 9 cleaned and sliced
1 Tbsp of Flour
1 can of chicken stock
1 tsp of soy sauce
2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
2 dashes of salt and pepper
Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- measure some all purpose flour into a bowl, set the pork chops onto a plate and season each side with salt, black pepper and lawry’s season salt
- Set a skillet or non-stick frying pan onto the the burner and heat it up to medium high heat. Let it get hot, then add some cooking oil.
- Taking the seasoned pork chops dust it with a little flour, place into the pan. You want to sear both sides of the pork chops. This takes about 2 minutes on each side. Add cooking oil as you need to get a nice brown. Have a baking dish out to lay the pork chops into.
- After the pork chops are all seared and laid into the baking dish, it’s time to make gravy.
- In the same pan keep the heat at medium high, add cold butter. As it melts add the sliced onions and mushrooms and add salt and pepper.
- sprinkle some flour and stir the onions and mushrooms. When the onions and mushrooms are partly cooked, add about 1 cup of chicken broth, some soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. You are looking for a brown gravy color. Taste the gravy before you add more seasoning.
- The gravy is done when it has thicken. Turn off the heat and pour over the pork chops and bake it for about 15-17 minutes. Use a timer and a thermometer to check the doneness.
- garnish the pork chops with some fresh chopped parsley and enjoy with some veggies and potatoes or cooked rice.