Scramble Eggs, perfect for the lactose intolerant folks!
A lot of people love scramble eggs for breakfast. Scramble eggs have been known to taste best whisked with some cream or milk added to make it taste better and more fluffier. Well I’ve learn to use a bit of water for the scramble eggs and add a pinch of salt to the eggs; whisk them with a fork to incorporate air into them and then cook them perfectly!
Perfect Scramble Eggs for the lactose intolerant ingredients serving size 2 people
1 Large egg per person
1/4 tsp of cold water to each egg
blended olive oil or grapeseed oil
pinch of kosher salt and white or black pepper
1 stalk of green onions and 1 teaspoon of chives
Whisk with either a balloon whisk or a fork does just as well.
- Take a non-stick frying pan and a high heat spatula, can be wooden. I have a commercial high heat spatula for soft folding in non stick pans, so it doesn’t scratch the non stick pans’ surface.
- Place the pan on the stove and turn on the burner to medium low heat, and allow the pan to get hot for 1 minute. In the mean time.
- Taking a bowl crack the egg on the flat surface of the counter or cutting board, do not crack eggs on edge of bowl, because little tiny pieces of egg shells can fall in causing a crunchy texture that nobody wants in their eggs. Then add about 1 teaspoon of water to two eggs and a pinch of kosher salt and whisk clockwise fast to incorporate air into the eggs. Once the eggs are nicely whisked.
- Return to the heated pan and drizzle about 1-2 tablespoon of cooking oil, and then turn the heat up the medium high. Allow it to get hot again about 1 minute. In the meantime rinse and cut up your green onion and chives into small dice, or you can use parsley too. It’s always good to have some fresh flavor in any egg dish, as it brings up the egg dish into a world of delight.
- Once you have prepared the green onions and chives set to the side for later.
Taking the whisked eggs, gently pour into the hot pan and using a spatula gently fold the eggs from the edges to the center creating scramble curds. As it cooks, you’ll find it getting let runny. Some people like runnier scramble eggs and others like them fully cooked. Either way, you cut the heat off the stove as the eggs will continue to cook. Add the green onion and chopped chives and fold into eggs; then can add a pinch of either white pepper or freshly ground black pepper. It’s whatever you like on your scramble eggs. Plate the eggs and serve it up and enjoy perfectly fluffy eggs immediately!