Turkey Chili for the nice wintery days
I’ve grown to like ground turkey chili over the years. It’s a learner choice of protein and it’s all around very good in chili and so I created a simple recipe for you all to try! I hope you enjoy it. Plus, you can play around with the ingredients for example if cayenne pepper is too weak for you for heat just add some North Caroline reapers or if you want to go down a notch I hear ghost peppers are a great option to bringing up some heat to the chili recipe. I personally haven not tried it because I am dine with the heat and spice of cayenne pepper works for me and the family.
Turkey Chili recipe for gamers paradise food
Serving size is 4 people
1 ½ lbs of ground turkey meat lean or fatty you decide
1 medium size onion, spanish or red onion doesn’t matter
1 can of kidney beans ( you may drain the water or keep it)
1 can of sweet corn ( drain the water from the can )
1 small sweet bell pepper, ( red, orange or yellow)
1-2 Tablespoon of Cooking oil (canola, or blended olive oil)
1 Jar of plain spaghetti sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes
3 tablespoonsChili powder
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 teaspoon Onion powder
1 teaspoon Cumin powder
½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper ( you can add more for heat)
Kosher salt to taste could be 1-2 teaspoon
Macaroni noodles follow the directions of the box to make it.
Shredded mild cheddar cheese or any shredded cheese that you like.
- Wash and prep all your vegetables and have it cut into a small dice.
- Taking a medium size saucepan turn the heat on medium flame
- Then drizzle about 2 tablespoon of oil. Let it get a little hot. It takes 1-2 minutes to put on your kitchen fan.
- Gently place the ground turkey into the pot and the diced onions and stir to combine until the meat is completely cooked through it won’t look translucent anymore.
- Then add in the rest of the vegetables like kidney beans, corn and diced sweet bell pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Then add the 1 Jar of plain spaghetti sauce and the 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Now season it with the spice listed above. Do not add more until you stir it enough and taste it to see if it’s to your liking. Let the pot of chili simmer on lower heat for about 20-25 minutes and check back on it to stir it from the bottom to top gently so nothing is stuck to the bottom of the pot. Do not put a lid on the pot because it will make it watery.
- Once it has simmered to about 20-25 minutes on low simmer, you may taste it to see how much salt or more cayenne pepper you would like to bring up flavor and heat. Once it’s done turn off the heat and enjoy it!
- You can make macaroni with direction on the box to make chili mac or just have some oyster cracker and shredded cheese to doll it up for your meal.