Chinese Style Fried Chicken
No those are not golden doodle puppies, that is really fried chicken, Chinese style to be more specific. What makes it Chinese is basically the marinade I have everybody has their own recipe for flavoring the fried chicken this one is mine.
BTW, it would be easier to have a deep fryer for this recipe. Also you can finish cooking the chicken in a 400 degree oven for about 10-15 more to reach internal temperature of 165 degrees.
10 pieces of chicken like thighs and drumsticks, you can do wings and breast but keep in mind what cooks faster or longer.
Ingredients for the Marinade
soy sauce, sugar, spicy salt pepper powder ( found in Chinese grocery store), curry powder, salt, white pepper, garlic powder, sesame seed oil, and old bay seasoning.
Ingredients for coating
2 large eggs
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of cornstarch ( wheat starch is what I used)
1/2 cup of panko crumbs ( optional)
salt, white pepper and about 1 Tbsp curry powder
Directions: Deep Fryer should be at 375 Degrees
- Taking the pieces of chicken marinade all pieces in the ingredient above. Allow it to be in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, 2 hours is even better. If you don’t have time 30 minutes will be fine.
- After the marinading you can start the deep fryer and turn the oven to preheat for 400 degrees.
- Grab a bowl and measure the flour mixture and panko crumbs add the salt, white pepper and about 1 Tbsp of curry powder.
- Taking the chicken add 2 large eggs and mix it with your hands.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the flour mixture and lay onto a baking sheet to allow it rest before it gets into the fryer.
- When you are all done coating you can take two tongs one for raw chicken and one for cooked chicken. Have a baking sheet to lay out the cooked chicken.
- Deep fry only for about 8 minutes you will finish the cooking process in the oven. This helps to over fry and still be crispy. Using a thermometer the chicken will be done at 165 Degrees. Serve immediately!