Here are the ingredients and directions as follows.
Juicy Delicious Potstickers
2 prep bowls
chop sticks or wooden spoon
200 grams of all-purpose-flour
1/2 tsp of kosher salt
1/2 cup of boiling hot water
egg white or water to fold dumplings.
- Take all these ingredients and measure them into a prep-bowl. As you add hot boiling water to the flour you need gently gather the flour into the hot water. You might get a little burned but it doesn’t really damage your finger tips, do don’t worry. I just learn to deal with the heat, and it’s hot only for a few seconds.
- When kneading the dough you are looking for a dough texture that feels soft and slightly sticky. Knead the dough in the bowl until the bowl starts to look clean. If the dough is too dry add little more water if too wet add a little more flour. Adjust to the right texture as needed.
- Place the kneaded dough into another prep bowl place a damp towel over the dough let it sit for 30 minutes
1 lb of ground pork
1 lb of ground chicken ( fat is good)
1/4 cup of soaked chopped shiitake mushrooms ( soak up to 8 hours is best)
chives come in small packages use the whole thing or if you get the Asian kind need to use about 1/4 cup ( chopped finely)
1 medium size yellow onion or white onion
1 stalks of scallions ( chopped finely)
2 tsp of minced garlic
2 tsp of peeled and minced ginger ( optional)
1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
dash of sesame seed oil
dash of fish sauce
1 tsp of kosher salt
1 tsp of white pepper
1/4 cup of water
- Prep all the vegetables and for the filling. Using a food processor or a knife. Shiitake mushrooms, scallions, garlic, ginger, and onions need to be minced.
- Mix all ingredients together in a prep bowl including the meat. Season with salt, pepper, sesame seed oil, and fish sauce.
- After you make your filling is it best to cook some of the filling on a pan and taste the filling before you use wrap into the dumpling wraps.
- This steps prevents you from having filling that is too bland or too salty. There many ways to fold dumpling skins you find a video on youtube. I like to do the one where you fold about 4 creases and sealing both ends tightly.