Salted Chicken with Garlic and Ginger sauce
Chinese salted chicken with a garlic ginger sauce is a simple good meal for any day of the week. I personally made it because I had a bad cold and wanted some excuse to eat garlic and ginger with some salted chicken. This can be eaten hot or cold with some cooked warm rice or by itself without any carbs. I love it both ways. You can do this whole chicken or which chicken quarters or any part of the chicken really. However, I strongly recommend either the entire whole chicken or just dark meat because dark meat is moister than chicken breast. It is a brined chicken that you have to give time for it gets salty. Once you learn to make it you will crave it over and over because it’s a pure and simple dish.
Ingredients brining the chicken pieces of choice
1 pack of drum sticks
3 tablespoons of granulated salt if you’re using Kosher salt use 2 tablespoon
garlic and ginger sauce
2-3 cloves of minced garlic
3-4 peeled ginger slices
3 pieces of green onion stalks
1-2 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
1 -2 pinches kosher salt
1-2 pinches white pepper powder
1 bowl of cooked warm white rice
- Brined the chicken overnight with 3 tablespoons of salt rub the salt all over the chicken thoroughly place it onto a plate and wrap it up with plastic wrap tightly and set it to brine overnight or at least 3- four hours if you’re in a rush.
- Next step take a pretty pot the size fits your chicken or chicken pieces. Place the brined chicken or pieces and pour in cold water enough to cover the chicken. Place the pot onto the stove and cook it over a medium-low simmer heat for about 30-45 minutes. Chicken safe internal temperature is the famous 165F. As less than that, it will need more cooking time
- While the chicken is cooking we can make a sauce for the chicken.
- peel and mince 2-3 cloves of garlic I love so I do 3 cloves.
- peel and slice up 3-4 pieces of ginger and mince that together with the garlic
- wash the green onions chop them up and mince once again with the garlic and ginger until it looks very minced and together and it to a small mixing bowl.
- Next, add 1-2 tablespoon of grapeseed oil and salt and white pepper powder mix it well with a fork or chopstick. Set it aside for later.
- Once the chicken has been cooked to the internal temperature of 165F you can take it out of the salty water and plate it and drizzle the garlic and ginger sauce over it and eat it with some cooked warm white rice. It’s a fabulous dish I hope you enjoy it too.