Steamed smooth egg with oyster sauce
It’s all about getting that smoothness to the steamed smooth egg dish. It’s easy and anybody can do it. It is a great egg dish for those night where you don’t feel like cooking too much but want to feed the family. This dish is best steamed in a wok with a wire metal rack. If you do not have these items you can use a large pot and place a an oven proof bowl upside down as a make-shift wire wrack. Let’s get started with the steamed smooth egg recipe.
5-6 large eggs
1 tsp of oil
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of white pepper
1 tsp of oil
1 Tbsp of Oyster sauce
A wok, wire metal rack, and an oven proof bowl
prep bowl, spoons and whisk or fork
- First step take the wok fill it with water half way and place a wire rack and oven proof bowl inside place a lid and turn the burn on about medium high heat. We want a hot steaming bowl ready for the eggs when we pour mixture in.
- Second step is to crack the eggs in half and place into a prep bowl. Keep one set of crack egg shell. The egg shells cracked into two halves act as measuring cups for water. So here is the trick, after you have all your eggs in the prep bowl you pour cold water into the egg shells 5X or 6X depending on how many eggs you used for the recipe. Have the sink run cold water, and fill the water up with the egg shells from there.
- Next, add oil, salt and pepper and whisk it with fork or wire whisk. You can place sliced scallions into the mixture and stir one more.
- Pour the mixture into the hot bowl inside the wok and cover it with a lid let it cook about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minute it should form this smooth looking egg. Pour a little oil on top and then about 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce using a spoon spread out the oyster sauce evenly enjoy with some warm rice.