Chocolate Truffles/ w matcha green tea coating
What makes this Asian? I did a Matcha Green tea coating, coconut and cocoa coating. Asians we love our chocolate treats too. When we can coat something in green tea or coconut it’s winner with us. It’s easy to make and it a type of recipe that can be used for easy desserts for parties or as gifts.
8 oz of Heavy Whipping cream
5 oz of dark chocolate chips
5 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of armotta (optional)
matcha green tea powder with powder sugar
Sweeten Shredded coconut
A small pot, metal bowl or glass bowl, and a wooden spoon. You will need a small nonstick pan to pour the chocolate and a mini spoon or scooper. Three bowls to set up coating the truffles.
- In a pot add the heavy cream and heat it up but do not let it boil over. So make sure the heat on medium heat and watch it!
- Measure in a dry cup 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Half dark and half semi-sweet chips. It’s in a bowl ready for the hot cream to be pour over it.
- Once the cream is hot enough pour it over the chocolate add you extracts. Stir until the chocolate is melted. After the chips are now melted pour into a nonstick pan and let it cool down completely.
- Place into the refrigerator for about 3 hours to get it solid. You can cover it with plastic wrap so nothing falls into it.
- In the mean time have out three bowls Small bowls are fine. Place shredded coconut in one bowl, the match green tea is mixed with about 1-2 tsp of powder sugar to give it less of a bitter taste, and cocoa powder in a bowl. All three bowl should be out and ready to be used.
- Once the melted chocolate has been solid, You can take it out and use a scooper to form small balls. You can use plastic gloves to shake them into round balls. When you deep the balls into the coating it also gives you a chance to round them as well if you don’t have gloves to keep the chocolate off of you.
- You can decorate as you like I prefer keeping each coating separated until it’s all done, I let it refrigerate over night if I don’t want to et it right away,. You may to coat again to give it a fresh look.
- Always keep it in the refrigerator if you are not planning to serve them.