Korean steamed fluffy egg
A very easy meal to make for a side dish or simple dinner. Korean fluffy steamed egg! Will you need an earth bowl? I say yes because this works best with a Korean earth bowl. They are easy to find at your local Korean market like H-mart.
3-4 large eggs
1 cup of chicken stock or vegetable stock
1 teaspoon of fish sauce
2 pinches kosher salt
2 pinches white pepper
1 green scallions
sesame seed oil
- Take the earth bowl set it on the stovetop turn the burner onto medium-high heat.
- In a separate bowl add your eggs, salt, and pepper with fish sauce and whisk it. Set it aside for later.
- To the earth bowl pour in 1 cup of stock of choice. allow it to get simmering boil. You will see bubbles form.
- Once bubbles surface taking a fork whisk in the egg mixture until you see curdles form like scrambled eggs.
- Once you see egg curdles form to place the lid on of the bowl and time turn the burner down to medium.Place a timer for 4 minutes.
- At the 4 minute mark carefully open the lid using a pot holder. it is hot! If it’s formed into a fluffy egg you can add some sesame oil and scallions and eat it with rice and kimchee!