Vietnamese Lemongrass Pork chop
It’s a pork chop recipe that should be grilled. If you don’t have an outdoor grill you can get a cast iron skillet with grill marks. However, I do recommend you grill these pork chops because it taste the best this way. Also, the longer you marinade this pork chop the better flavor you will get from it. However, I don’t recommend marinading these pork chops for more than 1 hour. Plan ahead so you will allow yourself enough time to marinade the pork chops properly. In a pinch I have done a 45 minute marinade time it was okay, but I felt it wasn’t the best.
6 pork chops ( center cut is nice)
Items for Marinade
1. 3 TBP.Oyster sauce
2. 3 TSBP Fish sauce
3. 2 tsp Sesame seed oil
4. 3 TBSP soy sauce
5. 3 TBSP Honey ( more if you like)
6. 4 TBSP Brown sugar
7. 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- Taking a prep bowl measure out the marinade ingredients and mix them together.
- Using a clean plastic bucket add the pork chops and pour the marinade. If you don’t have a bucket add the pork chops into the prep bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. The reason why I use a clean food bucket is because it makes for cleaner way to marinade. I know the zip lock bag method is popular, but to me that’s just wasting a perfectly good zip lock bag.
- So after all the pork is soaked into the marinade it needs to sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before it is grilled. You want the pork chops internal temperature to be between 145 degree and 150 degrees. No more than that otherwise your pork chops will be dry on the inside. If they are thin pork chops will probably cook up in abut 10 -15 minutes. If they are thicker pork chops it might take a few minutes longer perhaps 15-20 minutes. It also depends on what type of grill you are using. This all factors into the cooking process.
- Once the pork chops are cooked at a safe internal temperature plate it up and you can eat it with side of vegetable fried rice or plain white rice. You can also put onto a salad with cold rice noodles it’s really up to you. I hope you enjoyed this recipe.