Kimchee Fried Rice
When I have kimchee getting old and left over rice in the fridge it’s time to make kimchee fried rice. I use whatever meat I have on hand. This time I had bulgogi. Make sure the meat is already cook to make the cooking faster.
1 cup of Kimchee with the Kimchee juice
2-3 cups of cooked sticky rice
bulgogi ( spam, chicken, ham)
1 cup of Bean sprouts
2 sliced scallions
gochujang ( Korean hot pepper paste)
sesame seed oil
- Prep the egg before we do anything else. Frying pan is on the burner turned onto medium high heat. Coat the pan with a little bit of oil. crack the eggs scramble it and add a pinch of salt.
- When the pan is nice and hot make a thin omelette with the eggs. When it is ready roll it and slice into stripes. They look like egg noodles. It’s a garnish for later.
- Back into the hot frying pan, add a little more oil. Warm up the meat of choice, and then add kimchee and its juices stir it. Turn the heat up a little bit.
- Add rice and mix well to combine. It helps to have a spoon and a spatula to let to hands do the work. Add about 1 TBsp of gochiujang It’s a careful quick folds.
- Add scallions, and bean sprouts. Allow the heat to steam them into flavor. Season with soy sauce, sesame seed oil .
- Taste the rice, and then feel free to add more of gochiujang if you like it spicier.
- Add some eggs right on top and serve it up while it’s hot.