Kimchee fries is taking something healthy and make it naughty and nice. It’s trending among the foodie world so I thought I’d post my recipe for Kimchee fries. It’s spicy and delicious!
1 bag of frozen fries of your choice ( I like shoe string fries)
( Tip: when buying Frozen fries some bags have sodium in them so keep that in mind when you’re making this recipe)
1/2 cup of kimchee
2 stalks of scallions
4 pieces of crispy bacon ( microwave them for 3 minutes )
1 tsp of mince garlic
1 Tbsp of Unsalted butter
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 heaping hand of melting cheese of your choice ( Mexican Style Four Cheese.)
Deep fryer or sheet pans
Aluminum foil ( if you’re using an oven to cook fries)
knife and cutting board
Preheat the oven 375 degrees
- Deep fryer or a sheet pan align with aluminum foil. Follow directions on the package to cook the french fries. Slice up the scallions into diagonal slices. Microwave the bacon for about 3 minutes or until it is crispy. Crumble the bacon up set it aside.
- Keep in mind some frozen french fries have sodium ( salt ) in the fries so read the package. Taste them too before you add salt.. After the fries are cooked set them into casserole dish or oven pan.
- Next take 1/2 cup of kimchee and cut the kimchee up into smaller pieces. It is cut easiest with kitchen sheers. Set the Kimchee aside into a bowl. And now mince the garlic up and set it aside.
- Place the pan onto the burner and turn it onto medium high heat. Let it get hot for about 1 minute. Add about 1 Tbsp of cold butter to the pan let it melt all the way. Add the kimchee, soy sauce, sugar and mince garlic to the pan and stir it up.
- Let the kimchee wilt and flavors merge together. This takes about 2 minutes. Toss into the fries and mix it together. Add some crispy bacon and green onions and some cheese. Set in the oven for about 10 minutes. You just want the cheese to melt nicely.
- When it is done, zig zag the Sriracha Mayo on top and serve it up immediately!