Kimchi-Jjigae is one of the easiest Korean soups to make. You have it all year around too.
3 heaping cups of Kimchee and it’s juice
2 Tbsp of Hot Pepper paste
2 tsp of hot pepper powder
1 Korean red chili pepper ( more if you want it spicy!)
1 lb of pork belly
1 package of soft or firm tofu
3 stalks of green onions
3 cups of Anchovy stock or water
Let’s make it happen!
- Taking a pot place onto the stove on medium high heat add some oil. Let it get hot this takes about 1 minute.
- Slice up the pork belly in stripes. Add the pork belly here it sizzle. Brown on both sides of the pork belly.
- Slice up the onions and green onions and toss into the pot for a light stir fry.
- Next add the kimchee and the juice and stir it again. Let it fry up.
- Add in the Anchovy stock or water. Place a lid on top and turn the heat down to a simmer, for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the lid and add some hot pepper paste, hot pepper powder and slice up a chili pepper. Stir it well and taste the soup.
- Add slices of tofu and fresh green onions on top. Serve it up with some rice.