Dol Sot Bibimbap with a mix twist
Dol Sot Bibimbap is about a stone bowl you heat in a 500 degree oven for at least 30 -45 minutes before you set it up to put your Bibimbap ingredients to be heated in this stone bowl. It’s the harder way to make Bibimbap but it is the the way to eat Bibimbap.
Ingredients serving size 2 people
4 oz of Bulgogi – Marinade ingredients
3 TBSP soy sauce, 2 tsp garlic, 1 tsp of mirin, onions, scallions, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup corn syrup and 1/2 cup of 7 up, 1 TBSP sesame seed oil and sesame seeds.
Mung bean sprouts
1/2 cup of shredded carrots
Gochujang Hot Pepper Paste
1 -2 cup of cooked sticky rice
2 fried egg ( optional)
seasonings to have on hand
soy sauce, salt, pepper, garlic, sugar, and mirin, garlic and sesame seed oil
- First step heat up the stone bowl in a 500 degree oven for 30-45 minutes. The longer the better. Manriade the bulgogi with the marinade ingredients shown above. Place the marinade bulgogi in the refrigerator for 30 to 1 hour. Next wash and blanch all your vegetables separately one at a time and strain each vegetable into a colander set aside for cooking and seasoning again.
- Next when it’s time to season cook each vegetables individually (EXCEPT the bean sprouts) with 1-2 tsp of each seasoning ingredient listed above. Use some cooking oil to stir fry the vegetables. As each vegetable gets cooked set aside in a bowl for later use. We will cook the bean sprout with the rice later.
- After all the vegetable cooking is done and set aside. Add some cooking oil and cook the bulgogi all the way through and set it aside. Next take the stone bowl and set onto the burner and high heat.
- Add cooking oil and then the rice with the bean sprout and mix it with the Gochujang Hot Pepper Paste together well here it sizzle. You want evenly mixed rice with bean sprouts it will look red and spicy good.
- Then add the rest of the vegetables around it and serve it up with a fried egg on top.