Fried Vermicelli Noodles
- 3 small batches of Vermicelli noodles soaked into hot water for 20 minutes.
- scallions ( washed and thinly sliced)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cooked Lap Cheong ( Chinese Sausages cooked and sliced )
You can cook lap cheong when you cook the rice in the rice cooker or in a small pot of water for 15 minutes with the lid on.
chicken broth 1/2 cup
2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp Dark soy sauce
salt and white pepper
- Place a non stick pan on the stove and heat it to medium high heat. Add some cooking oil.
- Whisk 3 eggs and pour into the non stick pan and allow to become a thin omelette and when it is formed plate it. let it cool down before cutting into stripes.
- Next place a wok onto the burner and turn the heat on high. Pour in 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Add the noodles and let the noodles soak up all the broth. You need to stir as the noodles as it soaks up the broth.
- Once broth is soaked up, add light soy sauce and dark soy sauce. I eyeball all my measurements when it comes to seasoning.
- Add the eggs, scallions and Lap Cheong to the noodles and gently combine and also add a dash of salt and white pepper for flavor.
- Taste to see if it needs more salt or soy sauce. Once it is cooked to your liking, plate it and have it with a bowl of white steaming rice.