Green Tea White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Matcha Green Tea White Chocolate chip butter cookies
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp of salt
2 tsp of Matcha Green Tea powder
1 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp of baking powder
2 sticks of unsalted butter ( room temperature)
1 cup of sugar ( 5 oz)
( optional you can add 5.3 oz if you like it a little sweeter)
2 tsp of Almond extract
1 egg ( room temperature)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Instructions – Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. Align your cooking sheets with parchment paper, or Silpats.
- Measure and sift the flour, salt, green tea powder, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add unsalted butter to the mixing bowl, and mix on medium speed into a paste.
- Add the sugar into the mixing bowl and mix it on medium speed for 1 minute It should have a sandy appearance. Let it continue to mix on slower speed.
- Crack the egg into a bowl and add 2 tsp of almond extract then add the egg mixture into the mixing bowl and mix it on medium speed until the egg is completely incorporated.
- Add the white chocolate chips and mix it again for about 1 minute then add the flour.
- Allow the flour to gather the wet ingredients into a dough.
- Pinch the top of the cookie dough to make a 2 inch thick round ball and then gently flatten it with your index and middle finger creating two indents into the cookies.
- Bake for at 350 degree oven for about 18-20 minutes until the edges are a golden brown. Let it cool down completely before eating. Makes up to 24 – 30 cookie depending on the size of the balls you want to make.