Kimchee Potato Wedges
5 Large Idaho russet potatoes
1 cup of chopped kimchee
3 stalks of scallions ( green onions)
1 cup of Chihuahua
4-5 pieces of cooked bacon
4 TBSP of cooking oil ( blended olive oil, canola oil etc)
2 TBSP of unsalted butter
2 tsp of minced garlic
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees. Next wash the potatoes in some cold water and lightly dry them with a paper towel. Using a knife cut the potatoes into wedges.
- Place all the potatoes into a mixing bowl and drizzle 2 TSBP oil, and 2 tsp of kosher salt and white pepper. Truth is I eye ball all of these measurements but feel free to use a measuring spoon.
- Place them right onto a half sheet pan without aluminum foil because the potatoes will stick to the foil causing potato wedges to break,. Bake the potato wedges in a 500 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes. Until they turn golden brown.
- In the mean time cook your bacon on a pan or in the microwave however you cook bacon. Get it nice and crispy. You will use this as a topping for the potato wedges
- Next measure out 1 cup of kimchee and cut into smaller pieces.
- Wash and cut the scallions and mince the garlic
- After the potatoes are done let it cool for 5 minutes
- Turn the oven down to 350 degrees
- Place the wedges into a baking dish and set it aside for later.
- In a frying pan turn the heat on to medium high heat.
- Add 2 TBSP of unsalted butter, then add the cup of kimchee and a pinch of salt.
- Add the mince garlic and white parts of the green scallions.
- Add 1/4 tsp of soy sauce
- mix it well together cook it for only about 2-3 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Pour the kimchee mixture onto the potato wedges set inside the baking dish.
- Crumble the bacon onto the kimchee and potato wedges. Let it fall on top.
- Next add the Chihuahua cheese ( any melting cheese will do) and top it with green parts of the scallions.
- Place into a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes, you are want the cheese to melt and the edges of the wedges to get a little more crispier.
- When it comes out drizzle some Sriracha mayo on top and add a few more fresh scallions for garnish serve while it’s hot!