Orange flavor Butter Cookies
Chinese people love oranges and mandarin oranges. We give them as gifts to families for Chinese New Years or just visitingOrange flavored butter cookies give way to different flavor of butter cookies. It is fun and easy to make and everybody will love them.
2 sticks of unsalted butter ( never bake with salted butter)
1 egg ( room temp)
2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 TBSP of Orange Jello Mix
1 cup of sugar ( 5 oz of sugar)
1 tsp of salt
1 TBSP of vanilla extract
1 TBSP and orange extract
1/4 tsp of orange food coloring ( optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Meanwhile align the sheets pans with parchment paper or I use silpats
- Sift the all purpose flour with salt and jello mix
- Taking an electric mixer, I use a Kitchen aid and the flat paddle attachment. Beat the butter until it is smooth looking.
- Add the sugar and then the egg let it mix to combine
- next you can add orange food coloring but that’s optional
- After the cookie dough is mixed, you can pinch it with two fingers to and roll little dough into a ball and flatten it out and press indent with two fingers. Simple indent to make it look like them butter short bread cookies.
- Bake them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes. You want a brown edges around the cookies.